Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stressful serenity?

I am new to blogging but I am so excited and couldn't wait to commit. I'll start by saying we just moved to Florida from Ohio recently after adding an addition to our family. Miss Ava, who I will rant & rave about all the time! She is truly a joy! So what to do now?...hmm..I suppose I'll jump right in and vent..trust me it's like a soap opera you'll catch on to everything & everyone after just a few episodes!

In today's world it is virtually impossible to avoid stress. Almost everyone is carrying some amount of it, in varying degrees. Many find it increasingly difficult to simply survive in the world we live in. In desperation, people are seeking relief for their problems through any remedy they can find. Our culture is inundated with self-help books, therapists, time-management workshops, massage parlors, and recovery programs (to name just the tip of the iceberg). Everyone talks about returning to a "simpler" way of life, but no one seems to even know exactly what that means, or how to attain it. Many of us cry out like Job, "The churning inside me never stops; days of suffering confront me." (Job 30:27).
To be honest my life has not been easy lately. I rarely complain because I feel like man, there are so many people worse off than me but sometimes you just have to let it out and pout a little, lifes not always going to be easy. Donny (my husband, supporter, lover) is so amazing at keeping me positive. He even will yell at me constantely when he thinks I'm even THINKING something negative. haha. We moved here for his job, which was going so well...untill lately he has been waking up late! I know what your thinking shouldn't he had grown out of this annoying habit already?!! But no. He is truly a big kid at heart. And still can't get his butt outa bed for the life of em'. God bless him! But I have to shuve and kick and raise my voice to get him to even communicate, and half the time he'll talk to me but it's not really Donny..it's him sleeping and having no conciousness of what he's saying haha. So anyway, he has been at his job now about 4months and I believe his late score is now like 4 times? Which looks really bad of course and they have a 3 strikes your out policy...Luckily only one of those times went as a write up, which number 1 is a warning. But I messed up this time. I was exhausted and didn't even realize I hit the snooze button once or twice..and then slammed my hand down on whatever button (in my sleep) turning the entire clock off. Waking up to my lovely daughter crying two hours later. :-/
I felt horriable, not only did they say if anything happens again he is fired but on this particular day his boss was picking him up and had waited outside for almost an hour! Geesh I still feel awful! I was like brain storming ways to at LEAST make up Chris(Don's friend/BOSS) waiting..baking him cookies, inviting him over for dinner? haha I just couldn't stop. So I turned to my Mama , she always calms me down and gives much needed advice! Reminding me, it's out of my power, it's not in my hands. Leave it to God, he will take care of everything, even the baking of cookies between Don and Chris. If HE wants Donny to be at this job it will work itself out, and if not he has an even BETTER plan for him. Wow something so easy to remember slips from your mind so easily. I think my walk has honestly kinda seperated lately too, which was amazingly pointed out to me at church on Sunday. I went to service open minded and the message hit me directly. It reminded me to get back in , get engaged again and live it 24/7. I'm not ashamed to admit we've been slackin! That's life! And I think all this stress & drama was sent my way as a reminder. So anyhoo I learned somethin this week to remember and I am so thankful for that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Mt. 11:28-30).

2 comments:

Holly said...

love the blog, Allie. Keep writing.

Amanda said...

Hey Allie Thanks for recommending the site it's great...mine still needs alot of work but I love you and the family!