Monday, September 29, 2008

Intervention

Photobucket
So I have been struck with the most difficult weekend of my life. It has been emotionally draining and physically I look it, (can I just live in the shower and hide?) Oh how I love showers..Anyways Don and I were tempted both took the apple ..and now we are in intervention and learning marriage basics all over again. Trust, compassion, support, respect...I know this may not make sense but take it how you will and relate to your relationships in your life.
NEVER think it's too late to remind yourselves of the "basics".
NEVER forget God is number 1 and running the show.
Never forget no matter how hurt you are, or how upset you can not take back words once they're out they're out. I believe God was right here with me when I lifted my hands and prayed begging him for advice and guidence...He held me, he nurtured me like a security blanket..I couldn't let go. I still can't and don't want this attactment to go away. Long story short- Don and I have an amazing support team. And marriage is not always going to be easy, just like anything in life you must work through it and be determined to get what you want. I will always want Donny my eyes are on him and he is my prize. Tommorow I am picking up my wonderful father in law from the airport once filled in on our circumstances he, my mother in law and pastor back home all checked into flights for TONIGHT! I can't describe the amount of love and friendship I felt at that moment..Do to everyone having lives and the economy unfortanetly only one could come out but he is goin to stay a few days and have an intervention for life! with us he says haha- So please keep us in your prayers, although everything is much better now you never know where life will take you along the long road of marriage.. We are still young and have a very very long road in front of us, I think it's a dirt road to be exact ..haha but I will walk the entire way slow and steady -side by side- hand in hand with my love of my life.
Always and Forever.
Photobucket
Dear heavenly Father, I pray this prayer to you Lord to forgive me for living my way. I have sinned and have lost count. I'm giving myself back to you Lord, my life back to you Father God - I surrender to you. Lord be with Donny and I please. I ask for your guidence, your will be done and most of all your love. I can't do it with out you. Walk with me through this tough, amazing scarey and wonderful journey we know as life. Mend my marriage Lord and broken spirits. I give my all to you , I love you, thankyou Lord lead our way- In your Holy Sons name Amen.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW Allie...I know we have talked alittle about this on the phone...but again you and your family are in my prayers! We love you guys and can't wait to see just how God uses you in his work!

You both are extremely giving and loving and to be honest I'm greatful to know both of you! Thanks for all the encouragment you have given me through all my drama these past few years! God has used the both of you in my life and the lives of others! Keep serving HIM!

CarolinaGirl said...

What a beautiful honest post. My first year of marriage was a disaster, but thank God I turned it over to him, and worked through it. I too am happier now than I have ever been! Now all I need is a good hair day. Oh yea, that doesn't happen here in Florida!!
Thank you for visiting my blog! I am glad you did, because I found you!