5 AM: I wake lying there going over what my bad dream could have meant and if I should read into it.
5:30 AM I am slowly dosing off when I hear Ava gag twice! I jumped up already a little frantic from the bad dream prior that night. Wake Don to go check on her while I rush to the rest room for hmmm..probley the 4th time that night!
He comes back claiming I must had been dreaming and she is completely fine.
6:00 AM Don had just left for work. Ava starts crying loudly in her crib over the monitor I went into her room and she is sitting up shaking and vomiting all over her blanky and shirt had a spot from the 5AM gagging I heard..nice going daddy didn't think to turn on the lights and check for throw-up..
I cleaned her up along with her bed and layed her in mine. Here's where I messed up she was kinda dosing off kinda crying still and I thought I'll warm her some milk and she'll get a good rest after..
5/10 minutes later and a sleeping baby with an empty milk cup..I was just about asleep PRO-JECTILE vomit all over baby, mommy, mommy's hair, mommy's bed, oh yea and my pillow. Lovely.
My poor princess she was shaking and not sure what was going on this was the first time she had ever been sick and she's 14months old! I called Don quickly informing him before finishing his 45 commute to work he would need to come back to take her to the doctor with me. While on the phone she got sick again...
then I took her into the shower with me and 3more times she vomited but calmly layed on my chest as pitiful and sick as ever..I could tell she just wanted to sleep so badly.She was brave though ..really most kids are very dramatic and cry when getting sick I know I'm that way! She just got a lil shaky and cuddled after. I sang to her while wrapping her up and preparing for our trip to the ER. She ended up getting a catheter, and IV to rehydrate and by noon we were home..She was so happy at the end of her visit to have a Popsicle! She smiled and cooed and laughed all the time while eating it! I love her so much and as hard as it is for emotional me to see her even feeling sick I am so thankful for the healthy baby girl God blessed me with! It really reminds you going into the children's hospital how blessed we are to have children who don't have health issues, or anything of that nature. I also prayed today for the people who do live daily with those issues and I tip my hat to you because I cannot even bare the thought. I don't truly know how I would make it without God in my life and I hope all of you seek him to get through to tomorrow.
Well that's my post for today tomorrow will be a happier one!
And update on Ava she is doing much better..still on clear liquids and bland foods Just a virus-but seeming to be ok! Thank The LORD :)

(She looks so tired!)
1 comment:
This pictures makes me want to just pick her up & hold her as tight as I can!
Poor baby...I hope she feels better!
LOVE you guys! Ohh and Allie you did all the right things today!!!Your a Great Mommy
Post a Comment